Home Forums Topics Leadership Practice Plans… Practice Plans…

Anonymous
Inactive

I am a believer in, “Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime,” Lao Tzy. 

Just as we are providing an environment for our students to grow as players and people, I want to provide an environment for my coaches to grow and thrive, and I want to grow as well. Therefore, I don’t script my sub-varsity coaches practices. We are constantly discussing our philosophy, offense, defense, players, gym time, etc… We are sharing best practices and what worked and didn’t work. I will definitely jump in and help build good practices, give suggestions, or listen to concerns. I just don’t believe I have the “right” answer or way of doing things. We are just working together to get better.

Our players change so much from year to year in regards to skill, maturity, and any other number of ways, that no plan is always right anyway. I couldn’t even sustain doing that for 3 other coaches, let alone want to. It also allows for more trial and error. Too many new companies and great minds are affirming the power in taking big risks, failing fast, and growing from mistakes to not allow those things to happen in our programs!

Ben