Home Forums Topics Systems & Strategies Pre Game Help Pre Game Help

Anonymous
Inactive

@Nelson Handel just posted this breakdown of my 3-on-3 game in another post, so i am reposting it for more clarity:

Thanks nelson!

3v3 Kickout (CM variation)

RULES

1. Begin with whatever 3v3 cutthroat form you prefer (I use 3v3 Closeout from the baseline to add passing and closeouts to every possession). Make sure you have the next team ready on the baseline to sprint in to D on a turnover or make. Make it/take it.
  2. You can only score with two feet in the paint or with a 3-pt shot.
  3. You may not pass to someone in No Man’s Land (inside arc, outside paint)
  4. You may not dribble east/west on perimeter
  5. To begin possession, live ball receiver must drive or shoot (no initial pass)
  6. 1 shot per possession (on ORB, can allow a 1-dribble putback or kickout to immediate shot (no dribble), if you wish).

TEACHING POINTS

1. When the ball drives AWAY from you, it PULLS you one perimeter spot towards it.
  2. When the ball drives TOWARD you, it PUSHES you one perimeter spot away from it.
  3. Push or Pull with greedy fingers, ready to catch and shoot
  4. catch with one-foot move or airborne receiver to be ready to shoot.
  5. peek on catch
  6. If you drive the paint and don’t have an advantage, kick out (teach “Ginobili” hook passes)
  7. If you drive the paint and get stopped, POOP (pivot and pass out of pressure)(safety valve)
  8. If you kick out from paint, sprint out to perimeter, ready to shoot (Curry Cut).

FOULS (coach with the whistle; fouls are turnovers)

1. Failure to Move (push or pull)
  2. Failure to POOP
  3. Failure to demonstrate control (shooting off one foot in the paint)
  4. Failure to Peek
  5. Pass to NMLand