Home Forums Topics Systems & Strategies #LockLeft #LockLeft

Anonymous
Inactive
On 1/10/2020 at 2:41 PM, Harvey Marable said:

Hello Tyler,

I was able to watch your Lock Left defense on replay. Truly enjoyed learning this new system and how you presented the information. I will say, that I came away confused. Could you help me? I was under the impression that the lock left was your half court defense through the whole possession.

Yes, I would suggest #LockLeft be your stock half court defense. 

That’s how I’ve been teaching it and our team is making progress each day. I do have problems with players having straight line drives going left and we have begun working on the scram, but have not played a game in two weeks. My second area of clarification centers around the transition. The video in Key 5 Coaching shows the sniper on the right side taking away the most dangerous and your lecture had the sniper on the left side.  Do you have additional videos or material showing these changes? 

There are additional videos coming. I have found that if you can control the half, the vast majority of passes are going up the left side not the right. Therefore I moved the Sniper over to the left to give them less to think about in transition. 

Thank you.