Home Forums Welcome Introduce yourself Hello from Missouri! Hello from Missouri!

Anonymous
Inactive
52 minutes ago, Lenny Krebs said:

Welcome Coach. We look forward to hearing more about your journey. I know exactly what you are talking about when you say PGC helped you revise your thinking. The PGC program has impacted more coaches and kids than they can imagine. I am excited to learn from you and hear about you continued improvement. 

On 1/29/2020 at 9:48 PM, Anthony Paradise said:

Hi Nick.  Glad you are here!  Can you go into more detail about how your offensive thinking changed and specifically what you did to increase your scoring.  My team is on a similar track.  This is my first year and we are on pace to win about 11 games with an average PPG of about 53.  Going forward, I know we are going to have to make a big leap offensively.  Any advice you could share would be great.  Thanks, and congrats on a nice season so far!

My inspiration for this style of offense came from the Loyola-Marymount team of the early 90’s. We full court pressed the entire game, or until we were up by 30 points. We average nearly 19 assists and 14 steals per game. My advice though would be to build a system that fits your players. I don’t have the luxury of having height on my boys basketball team. Our biggest athlete is 6’2”. The majority of our athletes are under 6’0”. We used our team speed to wear out bigger opponents. Our goal was to get up 80-85 shots per game. Let me know if you have any other questions.