On 6/26/2020 at 4:40 PM, Justin Gerstung said:
i need to put in action, right now I am just in motion.
The part I didn’t share before is a “question tree” I developed to teach it in discussion. I feel if I can’t boil a teaching like this down to a 15 discussion, it’s too complicated to be useful. Since you brought it up, it looks like this (still WIP):
1. What is competition?
- A. Wooden quote
2. What is a Competitor?
- A. Distill Responses
- B. Offer Team definition
3. what is “Locked in” during a game?
- A. How often?
- B. Dead ball?
- C. Soft transition (jog back)?
- D. WS offense?
- E. Different during playoffs? End of game? Start of game? Behind? Ahead?
- 4. How do you train that? (key question)
5. What is it to be “wide open” in a game (or life)?
A. Why aren’t we “wide open” all the time?
- a. Vulnerable, chaos of life.
- B. How would you train that?
- C. What would it look like to be wide open more often? (When possible in life?)
- A. Why aren’t we “wide open” all the time?
6. What is it to be “hungry for the moment”?
- a. Health? Nutrition/energy? Preparation? Stance?
- a. (Emotionally? Attitudinally?)
- A. Physically?
7. When have you been “hungry for the moment”?
- A. how can we train this?
- 8. What kind of “triggers” or “reminders” would help us be more competitive more often?