Home Forums Topics General 16 Yr old Scottish Female wants to play in the USA 2021/22

16 Yr old Scottish Female wants to play in the USA 2021/22

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

One of our best players, a 16 year old young lady who plays on the Scotland National team (u16s and now u18s) came to me asking if I could help her achieve her dream of spending a year playing in the USA. 

Eeek! I really dinnae have a clue but am grateful that I ken folk that do! I’d really appreciate your help tremendously. 

She’s not just a talented player, but she has terrific work effort, very coach able and isn’t satisfied until she exceeds the goals she has been set. Also a team player who commits to her teammates. 

She just turned 16 and has 1 year of secondary education left. Ideally, she wants to attend school in the USA. Her family is very supportive but their 1 stipulation is that they would prefer her to be living with a family (I suppose a boarding school might be up for discussion). They would be willing to participate in a player exchange and host a player from the USA. How one goes about that is beyond me right now, especially considering what safeguards might need to be in place. 

She isn’t from a wealthy family so cost is a consideration. For example, a boarding school would require a scholarship to make that happen. 

Any insights, advice, information – anything at all! – would be absolutely fantastic. I’d really like to help her achieve this. She has worked so hard and it would be an amazing opportunity for her to grow her skills and herself. 

Thank you so very much! ? 

Anonymous
    Inactive

Depends on where she wants to go play and when she is willing to move to the U.S.  Wherever she goes, there will be some money involved.  She will have to pay for attending the U.S. school as well as the family may ask for help with board.

Anonymous
    Inactive

On 11/25/2020 at 12:26 AM, Dan Taylor said:

Depends on where she wants to go play and when she is willing to move to the U.S.  Wherever she goes, there will be some money involved.  She will have to pay for attending the U.S. school as well as the family may ask for help with board.

Thanks, Dan. They understand that there will be costs involved – more the case that they can’t afford private school fees. 

Are you aware of any programmes that facilitate international players wanting to play for an academic year at secondary school in the USA? For example, help them identify and apply to schools & scholarships at private schools? Match them up with host families? 

Thank you! ? 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags