Home Forums Topics Leadership Best Books on Leadership

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@Mano Watsa I wanted to let you know I am currently reading the Outward Mindset book. Great recommendation!! 

Anonymous
    Inactive

The Most Excellent Way to Lead by Perry Noble. It uses 1 Cor. 13 (The Love Chapter) to explain the characteristics of a great leader.

Lead for God’s Sake is mentioned above several times and I would add that it is a book every coach should read. 

I currently have a stack of books I am anxiously waiting to dive into.

Adapt or Die – Lt. Gen. (Ret.) Rick Lynch

Leadershift – John Maxwell

Two Feet Forward – Heather Macy

The Ideal Team Player – Patrick Lencioni

Every Moment Matters – John O’Sullivan

I am looking forward to reading some of the books mentioned above. Thank you for the suggestions. 

Anonymous
    Inactive

John Maxwell’s “The 17 Indisputable Laws of Teamwork: Embrace Them and Empower Your Team” is a good book on leadership and team building. https://www.amazon.com/dp/1400204739/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_rs4DEbHSCF0H7

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Tyler Coston you are spot on my friend! Started Culture Code Book club last night and already gained so many insights and ideas from other coaches that are involved. We only made it through the first 2 chapters! Can’t wait to reconnect with those coaches next week with more content!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just finished Dare to Lead by Brene Brown.  Really good insight into vulnerability and its relationship with perfectionism.  Also goes into the importance of empathy, courageous conversations and how small moments build trust.  

Anonymous
    Inactive
    20 hours ago, Aaron Hedman said:

Just finished Dare to Lead by Brene Brown.  Really good insight into vulnerability and its relationship with perfectionism.  Also goes into the importance of empathy, courageous conversations and how small moments build trust.  

Brene Brown is good man.  I listened to an audiobook of her recently.

I just started:  The Smart Take From the Strong by Pete Carril.  Anyone read this before?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Both Todd Gongwer (Lead for God’s Sake) and JP Nerbun (Calling Up) will be taking part of a free online clinic on April 28th. If you would like to attend this clinic, please send me an email and I will send you a calendar invite to join this clinic. 

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have read a lot of books over the years. I recently finished Character Carved in Stone by Pat Williams, Senior VP of the Orlando Magic. This is probably

now my favorite book of all time. You get to see how effective leadership was executed when it was really needed. I cannot give a strong enough recommendation. 

IMG_0545.jpg

Attachments:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Love this thread!! If anyone wants to swap a book or rent one of these, send me a message. I also have a few others not included in this picture-including two of my favorites: You Win in the Locker Room First by Jon Gordon and Every Moment Matters by John O’Sullivan. 

IMG_20191110_140224_747.jpg

Attachments:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Such great recommendations in this thread! Two more books I’d recommend …

1. What Drives Winning by Brett Ledbetter

2. Leading on Empty by Wayne Cordeiro

Two great reads!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.