Day 4

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Share your ideas for next steps and action items with our community in the forum below.

Day 4 – Let’s get it,

TJ

Anonymous
    Inactive

I had so much written the last time until it would take me days to write down all of my next steps. Beside maybe I answered so fast until I may be going down the wrong rabbit hole. That’s why I am a member of Key5, to learn.

The next step for me is what I am working on now and that taken a self-assessment  and now I am redefining my coaching philosophy and establishing a team concept for the team / level that I am coaching now versus relying on what I did in the past with a different gender and older players. 

Working on becoming a better teacher, not assume that just because the players ae varisty level that they know what they doing. 

Have a heart to heart talk with the bad apple and hope that talk help her make the decision to leave the team before tryouts.

Use June and the fall workouts to work on players development.

Help the team leader grow into that role by teaching them what a leader is and allowing them to lead.

Given my players a more ownership of the program by letting them set individual and team goals.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Try my best to convince, without losing my job :),  our head coach that we need to do this. We need to evaluate the season

and take action steps to improve. I can take on a few of the items on my own but not all.  I’m a long tail cat in a room full of rockers here gang. Any thoughts?

Anonymous
    Inactive

A  quick thought:

Getting your head coach to do an end-of-season review with us assistants sounds simple, but often goes to the back-burner. And especially with everything going on right now, even if you have a meeting it may not be as in-depth as you’d like or cover all the many areas of your program.

I’ve seen other assistants go through this before and found myself in a similar situation at times.

One method can be to do your review through your own lens and perspective and gather film, stats, and experiences that happened throughout the season.

Instead of telling, showing can be very powerful. This may not be the way to do a full program review, but it may help you gain some traction in critical areas.

Would love to hear if anyone else has ideas for creatively engaging their head coach in an end-of-season review.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    8 hours ago, Lisa O’Meara said:

A  quick thought:

Getting your head coach to do an end-of-season review with us assistants sounds simple, but often goes to the back-burner. And especially with everything going on right now, even if you have a meeting it may not be as in-depth as you’d like or cover all the many areas of your program.

I’ve seen other assistants go through this before and found myself in a similar situation at times.

One method can be to do your review through your own lens and perspective and gather film, stats, and experiences that happened throughout the season.

Instead of telling, showing can be very powerful. This may not be the way to do a full program review, but it may help you gain some traction in critical areas.

Would love to hear if anyone else has ideas for creatively engaging their head coach in an end-of-season review.

My Assistant Coach gave me a book with a summary of each game (see pictures on earlier post) it was a real eye opening on the view of the season from his perspective.  I wish he would have given me the summaries after each game so that I could have seen what I could have done better. The lesson I learnt is I need to make sure that my staff and players know that I welcome their feedback and to make sure I come off as approachable.  

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Lisa and Stevie. 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags