Home Forums Welcome Introduce yourself Excited to be a Part of Key 5!

Excited to be a Part of Key 5!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My name is Lenny Krebs and I am the girls basketball coach at Warsaw Community High School (Indiana). This is my 24th year of coaching overall, 17 year as a head coach and 3rd year at WCHS. I was previously the head coach at Goshen High School. Our team is currently 15-7 heading into sectionals (first round of the state tournament in Indiana). We have played 5 of the top 7 teams from around the state of Indiana this year and we are battle tested and ready for the post-season. We have won 11 of our last 13…we have a first round bye in the tournament and will play on Friday this week. I absolutely love coaching and I enjoy the challenges each season brings as we try to navigate through the schedule. I have learned so much since I first started coaching and I have no doubt I have so much more to learn. I am looking forward to learning from each of you. I wish I had known 24 years ago what I know now.

I have been blessed with a wonderful wife, I think every person on here would agree that it takes a special person to be the significant other of a coach. My wife takes on many roles during the course of a season so I can do what I love to do. My oldest daughter played for me when I was coaching at Goshen and my younger daughter is a sophomore and  currently plays for me at Warsaw. Coaching each of them and being a dad has created some unique challenges. These challenges were different for each of them. I also have a 7th grade boy, who does not care of the game of basketball. Fortunately he found two sports he is passionate about and I have enjoyed watching him compete in football and rugby. 

I currently work in the athletic office as the director of our new fieldhouse…and I also teach three classes during the school day. I absolutely love my job and enjoy building positive relationships with the students at WCHS. 

I cannot wait to get to know all of you better and learn from you. Have an amazing night. 

I appreciate you.

Lenny

IMG_0660.jpg.feee16eec963f6f274911581a1c4d91f.jpg

Attachments:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Lenny, 

Appreciate you taking time to share more about yourself. I love the fact that you are a veteran coach of almost 25 years and you are still striving to get better. 

Grow the game,

Sam

Anonymous
    Inactive

Lenny – Thanks for sharing. I’m excited for you to pass on some of your learnings to our Key5 Community! 

More importantly great to have another rugby fan in here. My husband and I try to make these two sports relate, some things do, some don’t. I celebrate your son breaking the mold. haha. 

Anonymous
    Inactive

Lenny, we appreciate your commitement to continued growth as a coach after 24 years of coaching.  

Congratulations on your current run, we wish you the best as you make your tournament run today!

Chris

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags