Home Forums Welcome Introduce yourself Excited to be a part of Key 5!!

Excited to be a part of Key 5!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My name is Dennis Wright. I am currently in the middle of my 17th year of teaching and coaching HS and JH all in the state of Oklahoma. I have a been a head coach at the varsity level for the previous 12 years, girls 9 years and boys 3 years (I was the head of both teams for one year).  I am married to an amazing coaches wife who has supported me through thick and thin. I have a nine year old daughter that just recently has shown a keen interest in playing basketball. No words are better to hear as a dad and coach then when your daughter says, “Coach me Daddy!!” Teaching and Coaching basketball is something that I love to do, in the past 17 years I have never worked a day in my life. I would not trade my experiences nor my relationship that have developed through this game for anything in the world.

I was fortunate to have some of the best coaching mentors that any young coach could have asked for, without a doubt some of the best to ever coach this game. With that said the information and topics that the Key 5 staff has made available at the touch of our finger tips is amazing!! I do not get to participate in the live learning’s but enjoy going back and learning from them.  I am excited to continue to grow and develop as a coach, with the help of the Key 5 family.  I wish that I could begin my coaching career over again armed with all this information and incite on the various topics the Key 5 staff has made available, as well as other members.

I greatly looked forward to this journey of growing and sharing the game.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dennis,

Great post and thanks for sharing. That’s an amazing feeling having your kids tell you they want you to coach them. I told my boys that I am their Dad first and if they ask me to coach them, I will. And they did…melted my heart.

Let’s keep growing each other and growing the game,

Sam

Anonymous
    Inactive

This guy, @Dennis Wright, has had a very big impact on my coaching career.  I am excited to have him in this group as we grow as coaches together!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ROBERT BRUNK the feeling is definitely mutual!! You too have had a big impact on my career always helping me think out side the box and set a example of how to have great balance between the coaching profession and your family. Plus you are the guy that turned me on to Key 5!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Dennis Wright Thanks for the great forum introduction. So much experience in our Key5 Community. I’m excited to dive deeper and share the game with you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is “content I am here for” to steal a line from Rex Chapman…Really cool share @ROBERT BRUNKand @Dennis Wright

Let’s keep growing together,

Sam

letsssss gooooooo!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags