Home Forums Topics General Program building

Program building

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am starting in a new girls program in Santa Monica CA with very little talent.  Are there materials available for promoting the program- including developing websites, utilizing social media and/or other community outreach suggestions.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Alan, 
    Great question.

I’ll offer a quick few ideas for you.

Website: Poll your parents (or kids) on who has the ability/talent to do a website…that way you can potentially have someone do it for free to get started and just get it going…later on, if you need to upgrade, you can raise money to do so for a more professional look.

Create Social Media handles on FB, Twitter, and IG, maybe TikTok: Just “document” the journey.

Examples of posts: 1) “Excited to get started here at Santa Monica HS. We have a great group of kids that are committed to getting better.”

2) Just highlight different players weekly or assistant coaches.

3) As you go through the process of 1 & 2, you will start think of other ideas and learn what you don’t know

Community Outreach: Build relationships with businesses in the community that have an interest in serving kids…brainstorm ways that yall can partner that will mutually benefit each…Example: Restaraunt that provides pre-game meals and then you push family members to go their after games 

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Alan,

Great question, I was in a similar position last year.  Fortunately at the time I was able to be go to the school and recruit, understandably that is not as easy under the current climate. 

PGC Basketball partners with TeamSnap, they recently held a roundtable webinar recently on this subject.  Here is the link to view this free webinar:

https://www.teamsnap.com/leagues-and-clubs-resource-library/teamsnap-roundtable-engaging-players-and-parents

We also created a Facebook page and Instagram account to engage players.  We started with the returning players and enlisted them to encourage friends to join our page.  This year with remote learning, we have worked with the athletic department to send out messages to the students to with me about information about the team.  We have also created an account on the SportsYou app and added all the players that we have, which has allowed us to communicate with the players and add new players to the group as we add anyone that is interested.  

Coach, we wish you the best of luck and look forward to connecting with you in the future. 

Chris Storey

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi @Alan Mont Welcome to K5! Nice to have another LA coach here. I’m the Head Coach at Larchmont Charter High, over in Koreatown. Reach out some time. would love to hear what you’re up to.

.Nelson

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags