Home Forums Archive Book Club: The Culture Code Quotes from The Culture Code

Quotes from The Culture Code

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I enjoy a good quote, and I know some of you do too. ?

Post in the forum below a favorite quote from the book so far. Please include page #s if you can.

Can’t wait to see what is resonating with all of you. Anyone can post – and more than once as we go along.

If you like a quote someone shared be sure to hit the heart icon on the bottom right and share your support! ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

“Culture is a set of living relationships working toward a shared goal.”

Anonymous
    Inactive

“Just hearing something said rarely results in a change in behavior. They’re just words. When we see people in our peer group play with an idea, our behavior changes. That’s how intelligence is created. That’s how culture is created.” p.15

Anonymous
    Inactive

Page 55 – “One misconception about highly successful cultures is that they are happy, lighthearted places…mostly not the case. They are energized and engaged, but at their core members are oriented less around achieving happiness than around solving hard problems together.”

Anonymous
    Inactive

“Every dinner, every elbow touch, every impromptu seminar on politics and history adds up to build a relational narrative: You are part of this group. This group is special. I believe you can reach those standards.” P. 57

Anonymous
    Inactive

“Whenever Abrashoff received a suggestion he felt was immediately implantable, he announced the change over the ship’s intercom, giving credit to the idea’s originator.” Pg 84

Anonymous
    Inactive

Pg. 168 – “the best teams tended to be the ones I wasn’t that involved with, especially when it came to training. They would disappear and not rely on me at all. They were better at figuring out what they needed to do themselves than I could ever be” -Dave Cooper

Anonymous
    Inactive

Pg. 140 “Well, that’s exactly how you should conduct yourself all the time around here, with every single decision.”

Anonymous
    Inactive

Chapter 12 – Building habits of group vulnerability is like building a muscle. It takes time, repetition, and willingness to feel pain in order to achieve gains.”

Anonymous
    Inactive

“Whenever you ask a question, the first response you get is usually not the answer – it’s just the first response…you have to find a lot of ways to ask the same question, and approach the same question from a lot of different angles.” – Roshi Givechi, Chapter 12, pp. 162-163

Anonymous
    Inactive

“These groups, who by all rights should know what they stand for, devote a surprising amount of time telling their own story, reminding each other precisely what they stand for–then repeating it ad infinitum.” p. 179

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags