Home Forums Topics Live Learnings Read a Book with Your Team

Read a Book with Your Team

• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 10 months ago by
    Anonymous.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Enjoyed the call today on reading books with our teams.  @TJ Rosene @Stevie Jones@Ruth GrantTook away a lot of good recommendations on content and process.  

Here are a couple books I thought of after the call that may be good.  I haven’t done these with my team yet but remember thinking when I read them that they may be good:

The Champions Mind

Legacy

Chasing Excellence 

If anyone has an opinion on any of these from a team stand point let me know.  

Anonymous
    Inactive
    10 hours ago, Aaron Hedman said:

Enjoyed the call today on reading books with our teams.  @TJ Rosene @Stevie Jones@Ruth GrantTook away a lot of good recommendations on content and process.  

Here are a couple books I thought of after the call that may be good.  I haven’t done these with my team yet but remember thinking when I read them that they may be good:

The Champions Mind

Legacy

Chasing Excellence 

If anyone has an opinion on any of these from a team stand point let me know.  

We did The Champions Mind with our team a few years ago and it went really well. We referenced it a lot throughout the year and it helped us stay focused on the process. Also, in the process of reading it with a few of our players currently. 

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Aaron and Kristen.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Kristen. That’s great to hear. I really loved that book personally. 

Anonymous
    Inactive

really enjoyed the call. if you ever come across another one please do add it here.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Another good book is “Water the Bamboo” by Greg Bell.  Another one is “The Pep Talk” by Kevin Elko.

Anonymous
    Inactive

hmmm. never hear of either of those. look forward to checking them out. 

Anonymous
    Inactive

I really enjoyed water the bamboo. Will have to check out Pep Talk. 

Anonymous
    Inactive

Have any of you read Dan Horowitz’s Help Them Up: 14 Principles to Educate, Energise and Empower Your Team to Build a Championship Culture

Just published this year. Very short & focused, written for both players & coaches. Really interesting research and simple, practical ways to build championship culture on court. It reminds me of a lot of Key5 discussions. 

Love to know what others think. 

Anonymous
    Inactive

I will have to check it out. Thanks for sharing. 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags