Home Forums Welcome Things to celebrate! Return to Training!!! ?

Return to Training!!! ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Last night was our first training since March!!!

Since we are only permitted to play outdoors and outdoor courts are a rarity in Scotland (usually when you do find one it’s on grass or pot holed tarmac with crazy high hoops and oddly shaped backboards!), I had to get creative. It was on a jury rigged court in a car park with 2 different portable hoops and chalked court markings. We were required to have frequent breaks to resweep the surface, disinfect balls and hands – plus all coaches had to maintain social distancing and not permitted to touch any balls.  Yup, it was unique…. 

But it was the best training we have ever had! Emotions were running high all round (I don’t know how many socially distanced ‘hugs’ & high 5s I received frae the loons!), everyone was beaming and the positive energy was amazing. 

I think the enforced break made us all realise how so very much we value our time together and the opportunity to play our sport. I truly hope we dinnae forget that. 

I want to celebrate that and to be truly grateful for the opportunity to be with these players, hopefully providing them with opportunities for positive growth and experiences. 

I’m still buzzing!!! ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

so joyous to hear this, @Ruth Grant. I imagine that day with my kids every hour or so, hoping to find the same. this share made my day!!!?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you! It will come be all the sweeter when it does. I guess we’re lucky that the Scottish lock down (different from England, Wales, Northern Ireland) was strict and folk complied. 

I shall look forward to seeing your post when you do return! Until then, keep doing what you are with your loons – they ken your commitment to them & value it, I’m sure. 

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s awesome @Ruth Grant! So glad to hear that things went well! 

Anonymous
    Inactive

Outstanding!  I have noticed the renewed energy as well.  Would love to see these new perspectives and level of commitment stick around.  

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ruth – Sounds crazy awesome.

Love hearing how committed you and your coaches are for putting that together and making it happen with all the guidelines and restrictions.

What an opportunity to make an impact and model resilience. Excited to hear more. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous
    Inactive

CELEBRATE!!!!

Love it for you and your kids!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Awesome!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have seen a lot of smiles in the gym lately. 

Anonymous
    Inactive
    18 minutes ago, TJ Rosene said:

I have seen a lot of smiles in the gym lately. 

Safe, well masked smiles, I hope! #healthycoach

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags