Home Forums Topics Live Learnings Sam’s Shooting Drills

Sam’s Shooting Drills

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@Sam Allen, I really enjoyed watching your Shooting Drills live learning.

I have a couple of questions for everyone:

1. How do you structure your shooting drills into your practices? All at once? Mixed throughout? Etc.

I have 90 minute practices that I essentially divide into 3-4 different sections and I try to do a shooting drill before each section.

Or are you doing them all at once? 

2. How do you work individual shooting drills into your practice? I feel like individual shooting drills are kinda slow and mess up my practice flow. So we tend to do those after warm-ups.

3. What are your favorite shooting drills to use as your warmup?

We use the Read & React Warmup

Or we do some midrange progressing to 3s drills where we divide the team into 6 players at each end of the floor. 3 midrange shooters and 3 rebounder on each team. The 3 midrange guys have to make 10 total, then they switch with the rebounder. The original rebounder now have to make 10, then switch again. After 30 midrange we move back to 3s and rotate every 10 makes again. It is a competition between the 2 ends of the court and the first team to make 60 wins (30 midrange and 30 threes). 

Or we’ll do Mano’s 2-person finishing competition, etc…

What other shooting do you start your practice with? 

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey @Joe Gonzalez

Thanks for the post…here we go…

1. How do you structure your shooting drills into your practices? All at once? Mixed throughout? Etc.

Answer: We typically mix them in throughout the practice…we like doing some right after a 5v5 portion

I have 90 minute practices that I essentially divide into 3-4 different sections and I try to do a shooting drill before each section. (I like that)

Or are you doing them all at once? 

My answer: We sometimes bunch some at the beginning of the practice

2. How do you work individual shooting drills into your practice? I feel like individual shooting drills are kinda slow and mess up my practice flow. So we tend to do those after warm-ups.

Answer: We do a lot of partner shooting drills (I consider that an ind drill)

3. What are your favorite shooting drills to use as your warmup?

My answer: (I like some foundation shooting – where its form into some stationary, building into off the move and off the dribble…incorporating and progressing like that.

Pre-practice drills… I need to video our stuff and start putting it into the membership portal and/or share in this forum platform.

Call me if want to talk through it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags