Home Forums Topics Player Development Strength and Conditioning

Strength and Conditioning

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am coaching high school girls. Does anyone have an off-season strength and conditioning program that they like to use? I am trying to get myself organized for this summer and I have previously coached boys. This will be my first off-season with girls. I have a S&C plan that I have used in the past, but I have not necessarily loved it. I feel like this is an area that I can do a better job as a coach. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Nik, our Building a Complete Athlete course has some good ideas. Have you checked it out yet? https://key5coaching.pgcbasketball.com/courses/building-a-complete-athlete/

Also I’ll tag @Kelli Josephsen in here, and maybe some other coaches with chime in with some programs they use.

Anonymous
    Inactive

thanks for the tag, Lisa! @Nikolaus Schweikert I’m currently putting one together for our varsity girls here in NJ for summer/fall. I’m happy to Share it with you and all Key 5 members once it’s done. 

Out of curiosity, what’s your gym/workout situation like? Is there a school weight room you have access to? 

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Kelli Josephsen that would be great! Thanks. We do have a school weight room, basically brand new. This is our second year in our new school building. Weight room is in the field house that is right next to the school, which was built right after the school. So our main gym is in the school building, but our weight room is in the adjacent building. Still brand new and we have access to do it whenever another team is not already scheduled to be in. 

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Lisa O’Mearathanks for the information on that course. Somehow I have completely missed the course. Glad you shared that. I will look into it this weekend. Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    On 4/7/2021 at 11:02 AM, Kelli Josephsen said:

thanks for the tag, Lisa! @Nikolaus Schweikert I’m currently putting one together for our varsity girls here in NJ for summer/fall. I’m happy to Share it with you and all Key 5 members once it’s done. 

Out of curiosity, what’s your gym/workout situation like? Is there a school weight room you have access to? 

Kelli, I would also appreciate a copy of this once it is done! I have been trying to put something together myself. We just got two vertimax machines, so we are trying to utilize those as much as possible, too!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags