- This topic has 18 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 12 months ago by Anonymous.
July 23, 2020 at 11:44 am #175731AnonymousInactiveJuly 23, 2020 at 11:46 am #176348AnonymousInactiveJuly 23, 2020 at 3:17 pm #176349AnonymousInactive
1) Nothing Easy – Contest every shot, pass and dribble
2) No Middle Drives
3) One and DoneJuly 23, 2020 at 3:33 pm #176350AnonymousInactive
Top 3 Shooting Drills
1) 3-6-9-12-15 Shooting (Arkansas – Mike Neighbors)
2) 32 Shooting (Arkansas – Mike Neighbors)
3) 3-2-1 Under 4July 23, 2020 at 10:48 pm #176351AnonymousInactive
I hear ya, @TJ Rosene
Top 3 Cleaning Supplies:
Go with the Powerballs. No need to splurge on the Quantum.
An oldie but a goodie. In COVID times, you can never be too careful.
As a former bartender, I can tell you, this is THE KIND for cleaning stainless steel and nonstick cookware.
You heard it here first.July 31, 2020 at 11:25 pm #176353AnonymousInactive
Top 3 videos to discuss with our teamAugust 11, 2020 at 5:47 pm #176354AnonymousInactive
Wow these are all great. I’m sorry I’m late to the party.
Top 3 Health Books:
1 . Breath – James Nestor: Just finished. If you can change how you breathe you may just change your life. Don’t have time for the book? – Add some nose-breathing and breathing exercises to your life. They have helped me tremendously. ?️?️?️
2. Genius Foods – Max Lugavere: (He also has a new book) The science behind what foods are doing to your body. I realized when I have the ‘why’ behind the ‘what’ I’m much more prone to take action. Don’t have time for the book?- Follow Max on Instagram. ????
3. Why We Sleep – Matthew Walker:: Another lifestyle changer. The Jist – The last hours are the most important. This should be a lifestyle pillar for a more productive, happy, impactful life. Great life tip to pass on to your family members and players as well. Don’t have time for the book? – Get some sleep! ?August 18, 2020 at 6:46 pm #176362August 18, 2020 at 7:14 pm #176363AnonymousInactive
Best thing about Bobby Knight. Plaid to be alive!August 19, 2020 at 6:44 pm #176364AnonymousInactive
The top 3 Movies of all time
2. Cool Hand Luke
3. The Man Who Shot Liberty ValenceAugust 20, 2020 at 12:21 pm #176376AnonymousInactiveOn 8/18/2020 at 3:14 PM, Nelson Handel said:
Best thing about Bobby Knight. Plaid to be alive!
….. and I sure loved watching his teams play ball
Did I like his personal leadership style… not for me… but his players sure seemed to love him… and coming from Indiana I can tell you that the state of Indiana still loves him like he’s a long lost father figure.
Thinking maybe all of us coaches need to really step up our plaid game this year. It’s going to come back some day, right?August 23, 2020 at 7:22 pm #176381AnonymousInactive
Sorry, can’t resist!
In Scotland, it’s called tartan and there are specific tartans for each clan. So, for example, as a Grant, I’d only ever wear the Grant tartan.
A ‘plaid’ is the long piece of tartan fabric that you will see over the shoulder of a man wearing the kilt (usually attached with a broach of the clan coat of arms).
The plaid comes from the original pre-18th century kilt that was adopted after King George III (of the American Wars of Independence fame) came to Scotland on a rare visit and wore his interpretation of the kilt (complete with pink tights). The kilt most folk are familiar with is this version, 8m of sewn pleated fabric belted at the waist.
The original kilt, which is still worn, was a 6-8 metres length of woollen tartan fabric. It is pleated & laid on top of your belt on the floor. The man lies on top, wraps the pleated fabric around his waist, securing with the belt.
The remaining long length under the top of his body is brought round and draped over the shoulder or just left to hang down behind. This is the ‘plaid’. Useful for protection from the weather, carrying things & for sleeping under at night.
Generally, however, we don’t wear tartan that often! Kilts or tartan troos (trousers for lowlanders usually for formal dress), woollen tartan travel rugs, maybe some accessories. Nobody would ever consider an outfit such as the one modelled above!!! Even in the period when it was fashionable elsewhere.
Anyway, a brief history of ‘plaid’ for you! ?August 24, 2020 at 11:32 pm #176383AnonymousInactive
1 of 7 as requested by @TJ Rosene more to come (moving into new home Friday, been a busy month)
Top 3 non Power 5 College football stadiums
1. Michie Stadium (Army)
2. Notre Dame Stadium (their an independant)
3. Harvard Stadium.August 26, 2020 at 3:16 pm #176387AnonymousInactive
@Brady Bomber 3 great clips!!!! @Nelson HandelBar keepers friend added to my buy list. @Lisa O’Meara you are way deeper than me. @Nate Wade bring back that look. @Kristen Rogers great shooting drills. @Aaron Williams never heard of Who Shot Liberty Valence…putting it on the list. @Ruth Grant now that is a history lesson. @Adrian Mills Notre Dame is a power 1 in itself. These are awesome keep them coming.
Top 3 TV Shows of all Time
2. Magnum PI
3. SurvivorSeptember 9, 2020 at 12:38 am #176398AnonymousInactive
Top 3 things to do when moving to a new house
1, hire moving company
2. set up WiFi
3 find nearest coffee shop!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.