Home Forums Welcome Sam’s 2021 Challenge WIN January

WIN January

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@Sam Allen Hey Sam! 

I actually fell off the saddle one day so far, so I did made up for that note the next day and wrote two notes.

One thing I do in my notes/thank-yous is include a specific event of which I am thanking the person for, or why I am grateful for that person. When I heard back from those I have sent my notes to – they mention that the specificity really makes their day/week! Some notes are longer, and some include a picture of a memory, every one is different.

I find I am so grateful for so many people in many areas of my life, that I may continue this practice after January! I have had some people say that they have never received a handwritten note before! Some had no idea that they impacted my life so much, or that I remember certain eventS from my playing career or primary school years.

At first, I was thinking of this challenge to include mostly those in the basketball/sporting world, and a few from those who have impacted my legal career, education, and my immediate family. I soon realized that I have many people in my life for whom I am grateful, including mentors in a multitude of areas, and past players from who I have learned so much. I wrote lists of names for those I wish to send a note to under several categories that I surprised myself. 

Thanks for the accountability!

Take care,

Vic

Anonymous
    Inactive

My letter today is for our fellow Key5 members who are participating in this challenge:)

Thank you for participating in Sam’s 31 day challenge.  It is so encouraging to be surrounded by people who want to get better at showing appreciation for others.  We were never created to do this life alone but rather to be in community.  I am grateful that my community includes you.  Together, you help me to be better.  Thank you.

Sarita

Sam said that it didn’t count if it wasn’t handwritten;)

20210108_111018.jpg

Attachments:

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Victoria Zuke

Victoria,

Amazing share and insight into the power of the handwritten note.

I hope our Key5 members will read that. Please keep the updates coming.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sent out 7 thank you cards yesterday. My wife is picking up more thank you cards today as I ran out of what we had at home. I am 2 days behind but I have a list of the first 17 people so catching up want take long. Note making a list of people to thank has been very helpful in this process. 

Thanks @Sam Allen for challenge and accountability.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Definitely continuing this after January ends – what a terrific thing it is to reach out and touch somebody positively every day with a personal note. It puts me in a much better frame of mind too: I have so much and so many folk for which to be grateful. 

Does anybody else feel like they themselves are the ones that are truly benefitting from this? 

Thank you, Sam! 

Anonymous
    Inactive
    On 1/8/2021 at 10:46 AM, Sarita Vandernaalt said:

My letter today is for our fellow Key5 members who are participating in this challenge:)

Thank you for participating in Sam’s 31 day challenge.  It is so encouraging to be surrounded by people who want to get better at showing appreciation for others.  We were never created to do this life alone but rather to be in community.  I am grateful that my community includes you.  Together, you help me to be better.  Thank you.

Sarita

Sam said that it didn’t count if it wasn’t handwritten;)

20210108_111018.jpg

Sarita, Love your note!! and echo your sentiments!!!!

Attachments:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    21 hours ago, Ruth Grant said:

Definitely continuing this after January ends – what a terrific thing it is to reach out and touch somebody positively every day with a personal note. It puts me in a much better frame of mind too: I have so much and so many folk for which to be grateful. 

Does anybody else feel like they themselves are the ones that are truly benefitting from this? 

Thank you, Sam! 

I feel that Ruth. Lets keep going.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Day 11 today on January Challenge

How is everyone doing? 

Did you know the most common day that people quit their New Year’s resolutions is on the 2nd Friday of January…don’t be that guy or girl…if you feel off the wagon, pick yourself up and catch back up. We got your back and let’s keep growing in our impact and leadership. 

Those people that have positively impacted you need to hear from you right now. You never know what that 2-5 mins it took you to write the letter can do for someone else.

Letsss goooo,

Sam

Anonymous
    Inactive
    2 hours ago, Sam Allen said:

Day 11 today on January Challenge

How is everyone doing? 

Did you know the most common day that people quit their New Year’s resolutions is on the 2nd Friday of January…don’t be that guy or girl…if you feel off the wagon, pick yourself up and catch back up. We got your back and let’s keep growing in our impact and leadership. 

Those people that have positively impacted you need to hear from you right now. You never know what that 2-5 mins it took you to write the letter can do for someone else.

Letsss goooo,

Sam

Top of my list was a 19 year old coach who played on the national team. Received a reply today that literally brought tears to my eyes.  I never expected it to mean that much to him. 

Anonymous
    Inactive

its Day 14 and I have 7 to catch up! I commit to completing them tonight before film study.

Anonymous
    Inactive

just wanted to take a second to celebrate all of you have chosen to take on the challenge and get better! 

Anonymous
    Inactive

hey all! hope you’re well. I’m catching up on last week’s thank you notes (my hand needs a break) and as I’m addressing these, it’s really hitting me how many people have ‘poured into me’ and given me a reason to be thankful for them. I just wrote one to my old college advanced biology professor, who hired me to take care of his lab mice! I’m curious, whose the most ‘out there’ note you’ve written to so far? 

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Kelli! Great question. By out there, I’m thinking, someone who I haven’t talked to in the longest time and this note will come out of left field… maybe someone who I have unsaid gratitude for… thinking.

A few years ago I had my head high school coach (who got fired mid-season my senior year due to parents and school politics), out of the blue write me a nice note and send the video from one of my better high school games (VHS ?) It meant the world to me because I hadn’t shared my appreciation and I was able to respond back.

I don’t have one right now, but I think I need to think of one. Thanks for the inspiration Kelli!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I wrote a thank you to one of my husband’s colleagues, to thank her for supporting my husband and being such a great friend.  Turns out it made her cry.  That’s my most “out there” ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Kelli,

Great question. I don’t think I have written an “out there” note but this has triggered and inspired me to do so.

Love your commitment Kelli,

Sam

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags