Home Forums Welcome Sam’s 2021 Challenge WIN January

WIN January

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Checking in.

Struggled since the 16th to find consistency with my gratitude cards. Though it is on my mind, I am committed to getting the last 15 completed by Sunday 31st. The responses to the gratitude has been a blessing. Many of the cards have been timely as an encouragement or a highlight for the week. Definitely adding Gratitude cards in some shape or form after January (there will be consistency involved). 

Even if your “behind” continue to finish January strong, someone needs your gratitude. 

with appreciation for all in the challenge

Adrian.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I did a massive catch-up on cards over the last week.  Thanks for challenging us Sam!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Adrian,

Great transparency and re-commitment

How is everyone doing?

I am trucking along. I’ve got 3 days that I’ve missed that I have to play catch up on between now and Sunday…I wouldn’t do it without our community’s accountability

Let’s finish STRONG!!!!

Sam

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have loved the accountability you guys have provided me during this. I’ve found it to be incredibly rewarding and plan to write 1 thank you card every week for the rest of the year. I know there’s a big smile from whoever I sent it to on the other side of the envelope when I seal it, and I think the world needs more smiles, so that’s what’ll keep me going. Keep the world smiling. I appreciate you all. 

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s February 5th and I’m ready for the next challenge! ?

@Kelli Josephsen – So many smiles.

Good work everyone.

Anonymous
    Inactive

congrats to all of those did this. @Sam Allen I loved the note challenge. 

Anonymous
    Inactive

Happy Sunday, everyone!

I am wondering if there is a new challenge for March, and if anyone has continued the letter writing into February? I have (although I missed a couple of days.) The feedback has been amazing, and expressing more gratitude everyday for almost 60 days has been incredibly rewarding!

Looking forward to a new challenge!

Take care,

V

Anonymous
    Inactive
    On 2/28/2021 at 12:37 PM, Victoria Zuke said:

Happy Sunday, everyone!

I am wondering if there is a new challenge for March, and if anyone has continued the letter writing into February? I have (although I missed a couple of days.) The feedback has been amazing, and expressing more gratitude everyday for almost 60 days has been incredibly rewarding!

Looking forward to a new challenge!

Take care,

V

That’s terrific, Victoria! I’ve tried to maintain too although not every day do I manage a handwritten note. If I can’t then I try to either send an email/text/message or verbally.  I’m working on the principle that I need to express at least one message of gratitude to someone every day, albeit the format may vary. I feel almost guilty in that I definitely feel like I’m deriving more from the exercise than my recipients…lol.

Definitely would welcome another challenge too!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, @Ruth Grant! I think the power of a handwritten note is amazing! I have missed a few days but just jump back on the wagon. I love your principle of expressing at least one message of gratitude to someone everyday! During the pandemic, as so many were impacted differently, I added that I checked in on someone everyday (by phone or text)  to see how they were doing and if they needed anything. I felt I could often help and still be of service to others! I definitely derive so much from this exercise, and I am so grateful to practice gratitude, and I am happy to hear you are continuing with this habit! I read yesterday that the people with the most joy all reported high levels of gratitude – so the feelings we are deriving makes sense!

I would be in for another challenge as well – maybe we can start our own. I was wondering if anyone would be in for perhaps reading one of Dick DeVenzio’s books, or re-reading them (in my case, I always find something new). Or – Jay Bilas – Toughness, another great read! 

Let me know your thoughts!

Vic

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s fantastic @Victoria Zuke! Interesting about the most joyful folk having the most gratitude. I’ve certainly come to appreciate how small acts can have much a larger than anticipated impact on my perspective.

I started contacting 2-3 players every day when the pandemic started and kept it up. I then started checking in with older, more isolated folk in the wee village I live in. I walk about 10k every morning with the dog and started including one of these folk on my walk to check in on every day. Couldn’t go in but amazing how quickly they started looking for me, waiting for me by the window or door. And I enjoy seeing them just as much. It is such a small thing to do, why on earth did it take a pandemic for me to reach out to them? 

It goes back to the 1% principle: I’ve gradually added a few small bits that collectively are growing me and enriching my life. 

Definitely interested in another challenge. Love to (re)read any of Dick DeVenzio’s books – sure I’d certainly get more out of them discussing with others.  I haven’t read Bilas’s ‘Toughness’ so certainly willing to dive in. Actually, I’m open to anything! Thanks for moving forward with a suggestion! 

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags