Do you know what you want your coaching legacy to be? The fact is you will leave a legacy when you stop coaching. The only question is: what will that legacy be? Don’t wait until it’s too late to decide what kind of legacy you want to leave. These 3 sets of 3 questions will get you thinking about how you coach, lead and relate. There will be varying degrees to your answers: 1st set of 3 – How You Coach
- Do you focus on the outcome of games or the process of development?
- Do you coach the way you were coached or have you found your own style?
- Do you prefer teaching players how to play or do you simply teach them how to run plays?
- Do you give your players a voice or lead without discussion?
- Do you lead by building players up or by attacking their mistakes?
- Do those who play and coach under you have the ability to lead others effectively?
- Would you say your current players love you or fear you?
- Do you follow your players’ lives outside of basketball?
- How often do you hear from your former players?